Welcome to my site!
I consider therapy to be a privileged space for both therapist and client. Everyone experiences a difficulty at some point in their lives and seeking therapy is a healthy way to overcome your obstacles and find your path to wellness. I strive to help individuals, couples and families get through tough transitions of life in the smoothest way possible. I provide my clients a safe, respectful and non judgmental environment to explore the issues and to find solutions.
As a Registered Social Worker, I am committed to providing guidance and support to help you work through many issues.
ISSUES I CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Anxious and depressive symptoms in adults and adolescents
- Marital/Relationship conflict
- Family conflict
- Separation, divorce
- Behavioral concerns in children and adolescents
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ME:
- Improved communication and closeness with your spouse, children and adolescents
- Gained insight and knowledge into your couple and family dynamics
- Better management of anxious and depressive symptoms
- Application of concrete, parenting tools for a more peaceful home life
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help your anxious and depressive symptoms by working through unhelpful thought patterns
- Brief/Solution-focused therapy : a proactive approach to help you find concrete, practical tools and solutions to your issues
- Family/Systems therapy to help your couple or family relationship communicate more effectively and to bring you closer
- 235 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville, ON
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (1999), McGill University
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (2002), McGill University
- Master’s degree in Social Work (2007), McGill University
- Master’s level certificate in Couple and Family Therapy (2013), Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry ; Jewish General Hospital of Montreal
- 15 years of experience in the public sector working with individual adults and couples
- 9 years of experience in a private practice setting working with children, adolescents and families
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Order of Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists of Quebec
- Order of Psychologists of Quebec (Psychotherapy permit)
I listen to and evaluate your needs and offer my recommendations. We decide together on treatment goals and measures in order to ascertain that we are heading in the right direction and to meet your expectations.
I consider myself to be eclectic and proactive and I adapt my interventions to the needs and the personality of each client.
I am truly grateful for the trust my clients confide in me and I take my work very seriously. I would be happy to work with you and/or your family. Feel free to contact me to see if we are the right fit.